Join the Society of Fellows
in the Humanities Faculty Fellows
The USC Society of Fellows in the Humanities invites nominations and self-nominations for new Faculty Fellows (2022–2024). Five tenured USC professors who represent the highest level of scholarly excellence and achievement in the humanities and humanistic social sciences will be invited to join the Society. Faculty fellows are normally appointed to a two-year term and receive a research stipend of $3,500 per year.
Nominations consisting of the name and current CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on May 6, 2022. The selection of fellows will consider the merits of nominees as well as the overall composition of the Society. The Society welcomes applications from faculty in the humanities and humanistic social sciences across the University.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Have an established record of scholarly excellence and a strong commitment to mentorship
- Be interested in thinking broadly about the humanities and in building a program that is beneficial to the humanities across campus and that raises the prestige of the University
- Be in residence at USC for the duration of the fellowship
Nominees must also commit to the following duties:
- Playing a major role in screening applications and selecting postdoctoral fellows each year
- Serving as official mentor to postdoctoral fellows
- Participating actively in the Society’s scholarly programs (a required monthly meeting; occasional additional events)
If you have questions about the USC Society of Fellows Faculty Fellows or about the Society more broadly, please email us at email@example.com.